For guarenteed placement, consider underwriting with KBBI. This is an affordable and effective option for nonprofits and businesses, click here, for more information.
To submit an event with the Homer News online calendar, click here.
How does the KBBI Community Calendar work? Community Calendar is not intended to promote any particular business, product, service, political view, candidate, or philosophy. All requests must be made by filling this online form.
- Events must be sponsored by nonprofit organizations, community groups or government agencies.
- No solicitations or calls to action will be permitted.
- Submit at least one week prior to the event.
- We air community calendar announcements daily after the morning and evening news and during the 1pm break, as time allows.
- Daily calendar updates cannot be guaranteed. They will be aired in a manner allowing those events happening soonest to be aired, subject to exceptions imposed by the KBBI programming department.
- We rotate through announcements, and there is no guarantee for specific time or frequency each announcement is read. That depends on how many have been submitted for any given date.
- Nonprofit (NP) or “community minded” event announcements that briefly list who, what, where, when and generic ticket availability (no list of business outlets).
- NP events at for-profit (FP) venue only if NP receives all proceeds from the event.
- NP events sponsored by FP only if all proceeds go to NP.
- Co-sponsorship – only if promotions clearly identify NP as sponsor and checks/$ are made out to NP (no mention of donations or vendor booth costs).
- Peace rallies, political events and candidates as long as no money is involved.
- Youth/educational groups (4-H, BoyScouts, public school events, etc.)
- Benefits for those suffering from illness, fire or other disaster.
- Yard sales organized by NP or disaster victims.
- Religious events outside of regular services and events (guest speakers, concerts, etc.)
- “Other events of a non-profit or community minded nature” may be allowed pending review by the KBBI program department.
- FP “First Friday” gallery openings and announcements.
- Un-sponsored FP events/performances at NP venues.
- Concert or movie “benefits” hosted by FP where only a portion of the proceeds go to the NP.
- Fundraisers for individuals to attend rallies, conferences, school or pay for expenses to attend event.
- Political candidate/event fundraisers.
- Fundraisers for private schools/educational organizations.
- No selling or promotion of books, movies, toys, food, etc.
- Raffles, lotteries, or any game, contest, or promotion that contains the elements of prize or chance.